An OR complex in a hospital consists of a wide variety of sub-sections, not just the operation rooms:
- Holding room - the room in which the patients are prepared for the operation.
- Operating room - room in which the operation takes place.
- Preparation room - in this sterile space that is connected to the OR, the required materials are laid out.
- Recovery - the recovery room.
- CSSD - the central sterile services department cleans and sterilises the instruments.
- Technical room - all the technical equipment, such as the air treatment system, are located here.
- Other rooms - such as the reception, changing rooms, canteen and hand-washing room.
Many kinds of employees work closely together in an operation department, including nurses, operation assistants, anaesthesiologists and anaesthesiology employees, medical specialists, doctors and interns, X-ray technicians, endoscopy nurses and sterile medical tools employees.
In order for the employees of the OR complex within the various sections to be able to seamlessly work together, good organisation within the department is important. The Metaflex OR door solutions can certainly contribute a great deal to this View our extensive range of medical doors.